The Center for Economic Progress (CEP) provides free tax preparation services to people who qualify by income. We prepare federal and state tax returns for current or previous years for individuals with incomes of $30,000 or less and households of more than one person with incomes less than $55,000. We provide direct assistance, a tax law clinic, and also offer financial counseling to empower people to make economic progress. Visit us at www.economicprogress.org
for more info.
Waubonsee Community College is one of the 2018 CEP Tax Sites. The location is at 18 S River St. Aurora, IL 60506 Room 344 on Wednesdays, 5:30pm-8pm & Saturdays, 10am-1pm from January 27th through April 17th.
What to Bring:
• All tax documents received, including W-2s and 1099s
• Social Security card or ITIN card/letter for everyone that appears on your return
• Valid photo ID
• Checking and Savings account and bank routing numbers
• Information pertaining to health insurance coverage (Form 1095 A, 1095-B, 1095-C, Medicare card) or Certificate of Exemption
• Copy of your property tax bill paid in 2017, if applicable
• Records of education-related expenses
• Copy of your 2016 tax return
Make the Most of Your Time. All sites include access to savings and tax law services.
We are one of the nation’s largest VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) centers. Everything we do is made possible and made better by volunteers. We are always looking for new volunteers and training is provided see economicprogress.org/volunteer